Secret sauce of the highest order
- [Voiceover] I'm gonna try to put into…some concrete words a thought that permeates…all the work that I do, and that's how to get…the most emotion out of a mix.…And it sounds a little bit difficult…to describe or to demonstrate,…but this particular song has three or four…different ways I can show you concretely…how to add emotion to a mix.…Let me pick a place to start so that you can hear the song.…♫Nothing I have♫…You've heard it before.…
♫Nothing I bring♫…♫All that you are is all that I need♫…♫All that you are is all that I need♫…♫All that you are is all that I need♫…I'm gonna show you a few things that you might have missed,…but they're all there in this one little section.…
So, first things first, let's talk about…the place where most people get most…of their emotion from and that's the vocal.…So here I'm showing you a technique that is subtle,…but can be very effective.…The normal vocal chain I have going here,…notice there's no EQ, let's see if I EQed the buss.…Uh, no, so this is a well recorded vocal.…So I start with this 1176 and follow it with this fairchild.…
- Choosing the right reverb
- Adding digital delay
- Tuning your mix
- Phase shifting and flanging
- Increasing drum power and presence
- Driving home the groove with acoustic guitars
- Adding sheer volume to your mix
- Affecting the effects
- Making the chorus "pop"
- Knowing when your mix is done
Skill Level Intermediate
Mixing Techniques for Pop Music Part 1with Brian Malouf3h 19m Intermediate
Music Production Secrets: Larry Crane on Mixingwith Larry Crane1h 51m Intermediate
1. Effects and Ambience
2. Auxiliary and Master Bussing
3. Variables: Finding Your Own Way
Next steps1m 22s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.