Compression and Peak Limiting of the Master Bus
- [Voiceover] Okay, so when you wanna deal…with sheer volume for your mix.…And, that is, you have a client,…or even, you yourself want your song to sound…louder than anything else that's ever come before it.…Or, (chuckles) will come again after it.…There's some things you have to do besides…just piling on limiters at the master bus.…Which can, eventually,…adversely affect the sound of your mix.…So, let's get reacquainted with the band "Rumours",…the song "Don't Fight the Fallen"…and we're gonna discuss some…issues of this song in a moment.…
♫ La la la la la la la…♫ I just want something to be real…♫ The melody that I can feel…♫ I need to reinvent the wheel…♫ And let you know who you are…♫ What do you know about struggling…♫ What do you know about where I been…♫ What do you know about anything…♫ Don't you know the only way to fly…♫ Is to fall…♫ And don't you know the only way to climb…♫ Is to crawl…- [Voiceover] So, I wanted to let that get to the chorus.…
Thanks for listening everyone.…Now, you notice here on this master bus,…
- Choosing the right reverb
- Adding digital delay
- Tuning your mix
- Phase shifting and flanging
- Increasing drum power and presence
- Driving home the groove with acoustic guitars
- Adding sheer volume to your mix
- Affecting the effects
- Making the chorus "pop"
- Knowing when your mix is done
Skill Level Intermediate
Mixing Techniques for Pop Music Part 1with Brian Malouf3h 19m Intermediate
Music Production Secrets: Larry Crane on Mixingwith Larry Crane1h 51m Intermediate
1. Effects and Ambience
2. Auxiliary and Master Bussing
3. Variables: Finding Your Own Way
Next steps1m 22s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.