Placement of Pads vs. the Placement and importance of ear candy parts
- [Voiceover] Let's spend a little time on keyboards.…Let's bring the musical mood into a very intimate…and cool place with this gorgeous song from Zac Hicks.…I'm gonna focus here on the keyboard sections,…and let's play a little of the song…just to get in the mood.…(tender music)…Even though Zac is the artist,…this is a female guest vocalist.…♫ Bruised and broken by the fall ♫…Piano's the main accompaniment, right here.…
♫ I have nothing left at all…♫ All my burdens, all my needs ♫…Lovely, right?…The way I approach a mix when there's a few…different keyboard parts scattered about,…you can see there's some featured little parts here…and one main keyboard part…that's the basis of the accompaniment,…and that happens a lot, by the way.…I spend the first part of the mix, the first hour or so,…making sure that this piano is incorporated…with other parts of the rhythm section.…
And as you can see, I've used this really nice…Oxford Inflator Plug-In to…get the piano present and full-sounding.…(beautiful piano music)…This is a subtle setting for this device,…
- Choosing the right reverb
- Adding digital delay
- Tuning your mix
- Phase shifting and flanging
- Increasing drum power and presence
- Driving home the groove with acoustic guitars
- Adding sheer volume to your mix
- Affecting the effects
- Making the chorus "pop"
- Knowing when your mix is done
Skill Level Intermediate
Music Production Secrets: Larry Crane on Mixingwith Larry Crane1h 51m Intermediate
Mixing Techniques for Pop Music Part 1with Brian Malouf3h 19m Intermediate
1. Effects and Ambience
2. Auxiliary and Master Bussing
3. Variables: Finding Your Own Way
Next steps1m 22s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.