Join Scott Hirsch for an in-depth discussion in this video Exploring the interface of the Edit and Mix windows, part of Learning Pro Tools.
- In this movie we'll concentrate on identifying…the crucial components of the Pro Tools interface…and how to use them.…We're looking at one of the two central displays…of Pro Tools.…The Edit window.…The other one is the Mix window.…You can quickly get to the Mix window…by typing cmd + =, that would be ctrl + =…for windows users.…You can also get between the Edit and Mix windows…if you go into the Window pull down menu…and you can choose Mix window or Edit window.…Some Pro Tools users like to have two monitors,…and they have the Mix window on the second monitor.…
I just like to use that toggle command, cmd + =…to pop between the Edit and Mix window.…The Edit window shows all of our tracks horizontally…across the timeline.…Right now I have about 15 tracks showing.…Tracks, as you might see, aren't all the same.…And you can probably tell by looking…at each of these tracks,…that they contain different types of content.…Let's investigate some different types of tracks…and talk about what they contain.…Audio tracks contain sampled audio in the form…
Find more tutorials on our Pro Tools page.
- Setting up Pro Tools 12
- Working with templates
- Creating a drumbeat
- Loop recording
- Editing and arranging audio and MIDI
- Adjusting tempo
- Adding EQ and compression to the mix
- Performing real-time automation
- Bussing audio
- Creating reverb and delay
- Finalizing and exporting your mix
Skill Level Beginner
Get In the Mix with Pro Toolswith Brian Lee White2h 46m Intermediate
Pro Tools: Mixing and Masteringwith Brian Lee White10h 32m Intermediate
1. Setting Up Pro Tools 12
2. Recording MIDI and Audio
3. Arranging and Editing
5. Finishing the Song
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.