Learn how to call up presets and basic navigation of Vacuum.
- [Narrator] Now we're going to talk about vacuum…which is one of my favorite instruments…in the free Pro Tools bundle, if you will.…It's a really cool emulation of an…analog synthesizer, specifically…a vacuum tube synthesizer.…And it has a ton of character, so it…is a really good compliment to the other…instruments that we've already talked about.…It's also a relatively simple synthesizer…if you think about it in terms…of the general features that we see…in a lot of Softsynth in the digital age.…So what we have here is a two oscillator synth,…with a solid filter section.…
It has two single mode filters.…And then it also has a couple of envelopes,…some modulation, and that's about it.…It has some key features though…that are really easy to use.…Let's listen to some of the sounds here…from the factory bank and let's see what we got.…So to start out with.…(bass electronic music)…A nice, thick, chunky bass.…(bass electronic music)…And it really gets that nice low in…that we would expect from an analog synthesizer,…but with a little bit of saturation,…
- Drum machine basics and loading presets
- Tweaking sounds to build a custom kit
- Using pattern select for performance
- Tonewheel Organ and Mini Grand basics
- Browsing and loading with Structure Free
- Resampling and slicing
- MIDI routing, arp, and mod
- Working with Vacuum
Skill Level Intermediate
Get In the Mix with Pro Toolswith Brian Lee White2h 46m Intermediate
2. Vintage Keys
3. Structure Free
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.