Join Scott Hirsch for an in-depth discussion in this video Exploring MIDI Event Operations, part of Learning Pro Tools.
- In this movie, we'll take a look…at another powerful MIDI editing tool,…the Event Operations window.…We'll also be using another one…of the air instruments package,…that come with Pro Tools 12.…An analog emulating synth, called Vacuum.…Here you see our new lead synth track.…Inserted on that track is the Vacuum plug-in.…Let's take a look at it and listen to it.…We'll click on the instrument,…and then get the large interface…of the Vacuum analog emulation synth.…Now you can see, it has two oscillators to choose from,…VTO 1 and VTO 2.…
It's got some analog filters,…some envelope possibilities,…a bunch of modulation possibilities,…and it really sounds cool.…It's emulating a vacuum tube analog synthesizer.…So we have the glowing tubes back here.…And that's why the name is called Vacuum.…Let's hear it.…Right now I have it set to start it out…with a preset in here called Dirty Reso Lead.…And I altered some of the oscillators and filters…to get my own sound.…Let's hear what it sounds like.…I'll play it in the context of the song, so you can hear it.…
Find more tutorials on our Pro Tools page.
- Setting up Pro Tools 12
- Working with templates
- Creating a drumbeat
- Loop recording
- Editing and arranging audio and MIDI
- Adjusting tempo
- Adding EQ and compression to the mix
- Performing real-time automation
- Bussing audio
- Creating reverb and delay
- Finalizing and exporting your mix
Skill Level Beginner
Get In the Mix with Pro Toolswith Brian Lee White2h 46m Intermediate
Pro Tools: Mixing and Masteringwith Brian Lee White10h 32m Intermediate
1. Setting Up Pro Tools 12
2. Recording MIDI and Audio
3. Arranging and Editing
5. Finishing the Song
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.