Join Scott Hirsch for an in-depth discussion in this video Exploring AudioSuite enhancements in Pro Tools 10, part of Pro Tools: Audio for Film and Video.
Applying AudioSuite processing, or rendering as it's now called in Pro Tools 10,…to regions or clips as they're now called can be problematic for post-production. Here's why.…Let's say I need to apply an EQ to this clip.…I'm going to select it and go to the AudioSuite, choose a simple 1 Band EQ as an…AudioSuite plug-in, and I'll do a high pass here, and I'll click Render.…Now, if I go and zoom in on the clip a little bit, let's say I wanted to crossfade…this clip with the clip above.…So I would take the Trimmer tool and attempt to pull out the clip a little bit…and hey, I have a problem here.…
I can't pull the clip any farther out because I rendered it already.…In the Optimizing dialogue, in the First past movie, I showed you how to…manually work around this limitation.…But in Pro Tools 10, there's some new AudioSuite features that can do that work for you.…Here's how to tap into that functionality.…It has to do with the processing output and input settings.…That's these guys here in the AudioSuite plug-in.…
- Understanding video formats, codecs, and timecode rates
- Importing OMFs and AAFs into Pro Tools
- Spotting film and using markers
- Using room tone
- Creating fades to smooth out audio edits
- Sweetening and hard effects
- Recording ADR and editing with VocALign LE
- Editing out plosives, crackles, and hums
- Mixing with automation and reverb
- Calibrating for 5.1 surround mixing and bass management
- Mastering delivery levels and dynamics
- Understanding the Audio Suite enhancements in Pro Tools 10
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 4/04/12. Can you tell me what changed?
A: This update was initiated when Avid released Pro Tools 10. It explains that this course can be taken with either Pro Tools 9 or 10 (the exercise files are compatible with both), and we also added movies that explore the enhanced clip-based gain and Audio Suite features in Pro Tools 10, both of which are useful when building a soundtrack.
1. Getting Ready to Build Audio for Video
2. Working with a Video Project
Exporting OMF and AAF files4m 48s
3. Getting into the Audio for Video Workflow
4. Working with Audio for Video
5. Recording to Picture
6. Learning Audio for Video Techniques
7. Mixing Audio for Video
8. Working in Surround
9. Preparing for Final Delivery
10. Backing Up and Archiving
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.