How to put the finishing touch of 'glue' to this crucial instrument group
- [Voiceover] So I wanna talk a little bit about…acoustic guitars,…and the songs that they appear in,…they have to drive the rhythm section,…so I've chosen this song "Young Hearts" by Peppina.…Thank you for letting us use this, Peppina,…and let's take a listen to this song for a moment.…(acoustic guitars)…♫ You're so young…♫ With nothing to say…It's in the track. The main track is here.…
♫ But if you look at me…♫ You'll see I'm not afraid…♫ The songs I sing ♫…Okay, so that's the vibe of the tune,…definitely featuring the acoustic guitar.…So, I looked at a few things.…When I first opened this session,…I noticed that in the choruses,…a second, also very important acoustic guitar…comes into play.…A pair of them, actually, left and right.…And I kind of had a plan in advance for that.…But let's take a look at first,…what we did to this main acoustic guitar.…
And we've talked about parallel compression before,…and there's a feature I love in a lot of the…modern model plug-ins that are being developed,…where they add this mix knob feature.…
- Choosing the right reverb
- Adding digital delay
- Tuning your mix
- Phase shifting and flanging
- Increasing drum power and presence
- Driving home the groove with acoustic guitars
- Adding sheer volume to your mix
- Affecting the effects
- Making the chorus "pop"
- Knowing when your mix is done
Skill Level Intermediate
Mixing Techniques for Pop Music, Part 1with Brian Malouf3h 19m Intermediate
Music Production Secrets: Larry Crane on Mixingwith Larry Crane1h 51m Intermediate
1. Effects and Ambience
2. Auxiliary and Master Bussing
3. Variables: Finding Your Own Way
Next steps1m 22s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.