Join Scott Hirsch for an in-depth discussion in this video Downmixing, encoding, and using Neyrinck plug-ins, part of Audio for Film and Video with Pro Tools.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Your surround mixes might sound great in your 5.1 equipped studio, but with all…the flexibility of Pro Tools, you might need to work on them when a six channel…speaker setup just isn't possible.…Downmixing is the concept of folding down your 5.1 mixes into less channels.…In this movie we'll explore how to take a 6-channel surround mix and downmix…it to monitor and stereo using the Neyrinck surround tool that come with a…complete production toolkit.…The mix of this project has a few surround mix moves going on in it.…If you wanted to listen in two channel stereo like we are now, we would miss some…of the surround mix moves that are happening.…
For example, in this crash scene we've got one of the crash sounds we've…enhanced with surround reverb.…Right now we are just listening to stereo and if I play it back, we miss it.…Let me solo the track and let's hear it.…(Crash!)…So all we hear is just the left/right component, but I'm not hearing any…reverb and surround.…Of course~ Because we don't have surround speakers set up and we're just…
- Understanding video formats, codecs, and timecode rates
- Importing OMFs and AAFs into Pro Tools
- Spotting film and using markers
- Using room tone
- Creating fades to smooth out audio edits
- Sweetening and hard effects
- Recording ADR and editing with VocALign LE
- Editing out plosives, crackles, and hums
- Mixing with automation and reverb
- Calibrating for 5.1 surround mixing and bass management
- Mastering delivery levels and dynamics
- Understanding the Audio Suite enhancements in Pro Tools 10
Skill Level Intermediate
Film Scoring with Pro Toolswith Christopher Brooks2h 38m Intermediate
Mixing and Mastering with Pro Toolswith Brian Lee White9h 18m Intermediate
Creative Inspirations: Mark Mothersbaugh, Music Composerwith Mark Mothersbaugh56m 36s Appropriate for all
1. Getting Ready to Build Audio for Video
2. Working with a Video Project
Exporting OMF and AAF files4m 49s
3. Getting into the Audio for Video Workflow
4. Working with Audio for Video
5. Recording to Picture
6. Learning Audio for Video Techniques
7. Mixing Audio for Video
8. Working in Surround
9. Preparing for Final Delivery
10. Backing Up and Archiving
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.