Learn how to tweak sounds to build a custom kit.
- [Instructor] Now that we've customized our pattern,…it's time to start customizing our sounds a little bit.…Now Boom is not the most flexible drum…machine in the history of man-kind.…We've got a handful of sounds to work with,…a handful of parameters, and that's about it.…This is not the drum machine where you're going to drag…all of your different samples into, and play with them,…and cut them up, and loop them, and all of those things.…This is a very simple drum machine, it has not too many…more features then an analog sort of hardware drum machine.…Which is one thing that I really like about it.…Makes it a little bit quick and makes it intuitive.…
So let's talk about each individual channel strip here.…So I'm going to go over to the kick, I'm going to hit solo.…Alright, and so now what we can do is…we can listen to the kick on its own.…(drum beats)…Okay, that's cool.…Now, we have a handful of parameters, and they're basically…the same on all of the different sort of sounds,…or instruments if you will.…We've got the overall relative volume,…
- Drum machine basics and loading presets
- Tweaking sounds to build a custom kit
- Using pattern select for performance
- Tonewheel Organ and Mini Grand basics
- Browsing and loading with Structure Free
- Resampling and slicing
- MIDI routing, arp, and mod
- Working with Vacuum
Skill Level Intermediate
Get In the Mix with Pro Toolswith Brian Lee White2h 46m Intermediate
2. Vintage Keys
3. Structure Free
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.