Learn how to tweak presets using bedrock modules such as filters and oscillators.
- [Instructor] Alright, so let's start digging…into the guts of this thing a little bit.…I'm going to take a fairly simple preset…and kind of strip it back.…(acoustic reverbing)…Boy, doesn't that sound great?…I love that.…So I want to pull the drive back.…(acoustic reverbing)…We're just going to use one oscillator.…(acoustic reverbing)…And I'm going to sort of just make…some of these filters not do so much.…
(acoustic reverbing)…Bring our depth back.…That's cool.…(acoustic reverbing)…Okay, so right off the bat,…(acoustic reverbing)…envelope two is our amplitude envelope.…Meaning it's going to control the rise and the decay…of the volume of our sound when we hit a key.…(acoustic reverbing)…Alright, so that's a good start.…Right now we're only listening to VTO1.…VTO probably stands for virtual tube oscillator,…although VCO is usually voltage controlled oscillator.…
So maybe it's voltage tube oscillator.…However you want to look at it.…Anyhow, we have the range over here…and the range is going to allow us to change the pitch range.…
- Drum machine basics and loading presets
- Tweaking sounds to build a custom kit
- Using pattern select for performance
- Tonewheel Organ and Mini Grand basics
- Browsing and loading with Structure Free
- Resampling and slicing
- MIDI routing, arp, and mod
- Working with Vacuum
Skill Level Intermediate
Get In the Mix with Pro Toolswith Brian Lee White2h 46m Intermediate
2. Vintage Keys
3. Structure Free
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.