Join Scott Hirsch for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating reverb and delay as send-based FX, part of Learning Pro Tools.
- Time-based effects, like reverb and delay,…work really well when you blend a portion…of the unaffected original dry track…with the full effect alone, or the wet signal.…Creating effect send and return tracks…is the best way to accomplish this in Pro Tools 12.…This time, we'll start by making two auxiliary tracks.…I'm gonna go over to the mix window,…and I'm gonna select down at the end of our mix,…just before the master.…And I'm gonna type, Shift + Command + N…to create two stereo…Auxiliary Inputs.…
These will be our send returns,…and we'll insert a real-time reverb on the first one,…up in the Insert section.…You go into Reverb, and I'm gonna choose…the AIR Spring Reverb.…This is a spring reverb emulator,…that's part of the AIR instrument's package,…and it comes with Pro Tools 12.…It's an awesome spring reverb sound.…Now, in this plug-in, I'm gonna dial in a preset…called Light and Clean.…Okay, now notice the mix is 100%,…so this track is all reverb.…
Close that, and I'm gonna name that track Reverb Return.…And the Aux two track, I'm gonna insert a delay,…
Find more tutorials on our Pro Tools page.
- Setting up Pro Tools 12
- Working with templates
- Creating a drumbeat
- Loop recording
- Editing and arranging audio and MIDI
- Adjusting tempo
- Adding EQ and compression to the mix
- Performing real-time automation
- Bussing audio
- Creating reverb and delay
- Finalizing and exporting your mix
Skill Level Beginner
Get In the Mix with Pro Toolswith Brian Lee White2h 46m Intermediate
Pro Tools: Mixing and Masteringwith Brian Lee White10h 32m Intermediate
1. Setting Up Pro Tools 12
2. Recording MIDI and Audio
3. Arranging and Editing
5. Finishing the Song
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.