Join Scott Hirsch for an in-depth discussion in this video Connecting to the Avid Application Manager, part of Learning Pro Tools.
- In this movie, we'll take a look at a new concept to…Pro Tools users called the "Avid Application Manager",…where you can get technical help, keep your system…up to date, and achieve a bunch of other tasks…related to your Pro Tools world.…It's new with Pro Tools 12, so let's take a look at it.…And when you install Pro Tools 12, you also had the option…to install the Applications Manager, and if you did,…you'll see a little round icon up in your finder.…It kinda looks like an eyeball, or it's really…two arrows revolving around a circle.…
If I click on that icon, and I click show,…it pops open the Avid Application Manager.…Now, I'm in Pro Tools right now, but I don't have to…actually have Pro Tools launched to see this.…I can see this even from my finder.…Now once we're in the Applications Manager, if you're…logging in for the first time, you're gonna have to…enter in your Avid Master Account email and password.…This is something that all users of Pro Tools can get…through the Avid website if you don't…have an Avid Master Account already.…
Find more tutorials on our Pro Tools page.
- Setting up Pro Tools 12
- Working with templates
- Creating a drumbeat
- Loop recording
- Editing and arranging audio and MIDI
- Adjusting tempo
- Adding EQ and compression to the mix
- Performing real-time automation
- Bussing audio
- Creating reverb and delay
- Finalizing and exporting your mix
Skill Level Beginner
Get In the Mix with Pro Toolswith Brian Lee White2h 46m Intermediate
Pro Tools: Mixing and Masteringwith Brian Lee White10h 32m Intermediate
1. Setting Up Pro Tools 12
2. Recording MIDI and Audio
3. Arranging and Editing
5. Finishing the Song
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.