Join Scott Hirsch for an in-depth discussion in this video Conforming the OMF import to your template, part of Pro Tools: Audio for Film and Video.
Here we have our OMF file and a video reference movie imported.…All is in sync, and it's working great.…Now it's time to begin our audio work.…In this movie we'll go over the first steps.…We will try to take the audio out of its original OMF tracks and get them into…your pre-made audio for video template.…The first thing I always do before anything else is to duplicate all of the original…OMF tracks, lock them, and hide them.…That way I will always have the original OMF tracks to go back to, in case…something slides out of sync.…To do this, I am going to select all the tracks, right-click on any one of them,…duplicate them--and I am going to keep all of this data as I duplicate.…
Then with these duplicate tracks I am going to select all of the regions.…I am going to type Command+L to lock.…That will be Ctrl+L for windows users. And then I am going to hide the tracks,…again right clicking on any one of the tracks and saying Hide and Make Inactive.…That way they will be hidden, and they won't use any DSP power as you are working.…
- Understanding video formats, codecs, and timecode rates
- Importing OMFs and AAFs into Pro Tools
- Spotting film and using markers
- Using room tone
- Creating fades to smooth out audio edits
- Sweetening and hard effects
- Recording ADR and editing with VocALign LE
- Editing out plosives, crackles, and hums
- Mixing with automation and reverb
- Calibrating for 5.1 surround mixing and bass management
- Mastering delivery levels and dynamics
- Understanding the Audio Suite enhancements in Pro Tools 10
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 4/04/12. Can you tell me what changed?
A: This update was initiated when Avid released Pro Tools 10. It explains that this course can be taken with either Pro Tools 9 or 10 (the exercise files are compatible with both), and we also added movies that explore the enhanced clip-based gain and Audio Suite features in Pro Tools 10, both of which are useful when building a soundtrack.
1. Getting Ready to Build Audio for Video
2. Working with a Video Project
Exporting OMF and AAF files4m 49s
3. Getting into the Audio for Video Workflow
4. Working with Audio for Video
5. Recording to Picture
6. Learning Audio for Video Techniques
7. Mixing Audio for Video
8. Working in Surround
9. Preparing for Final Delivery
10. Backing Up and Archiving
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.