Join Frank D. Cook for an in-depth discussion in this video Challenge and solution overview, part of Pro Tools 12 Essential Training: 101.
- [Instructor] This course includes several videos called challenges. Challenges are quick activities that give you a hands on opportunity to practice and master what you're learning. Each challenge picks up where the previous one left off so you'll want to save your work in a known location as you go. I've provided a fold of finished solutions for you in case you misplace a file or skip a challenge. I'll start each challenge by describing the core objectives for the activity and providing a list of steps for you to complete.
I've also provided a PDF file listing the steps for each challenge that you can use as a guide if needed. If the challenge involves using any sample files I'll tell you where to find them. I'll also give you a rough estimate of how much time it should take to complete the challenge. When you've completed a challenge, make sure to check the matching solution video. In each solution, I'll show you how I complete the challenge and explain the steps I'm taking along the way. Now remember, the challenges are your chance to practice what you've been learning through hands on experience and to experiment with your own creative choices.
So, I hope you have fun with them and don't forget to explore.
AuthorFrank D. Cook
- Getting started with Pro Tools menus, windows, and edit tools
- Creating a session
- Creating a click track
- Recording audio
- Importing audio and video
- Recording, viewing, and editing MIDI data
- Selecting and navigating within tracks
- Adding markers
- Editing clips
- Creating fade effects
- Mixing tracks and adding automation
- Backing up a session
- Bouncing a mix to disk
Skill Level Beginner
Q. This course was updated on 03/23/2017. What changed?
A. Challenges and solutions were added to chapters 3–10 and three videos were updated in the first couple chapters.
Music Production Secrets: Larry Crane on Mixingwith Larry Crane1h 51m Intermediate
Get In the Mix with Pro Toolswith Brian Lee White2h 46m Intermediate
Mixing Techniques for Pop Music Part 1with Brian Malouf3h 19m Intermediate
1. Getting to Know Pro Tools
2. Getting inside Pro Tools
3. Creating Your First Session
4. Making Your First Audio Recording
5. Importing and Working with Media in a Session
6. Making Your First MIDI Recording
7. Selecting and Navigating
8. Basic Editing Techniques
9. Basic Mixing Techniques
10. Finishing Your Work
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.