Join Frank D. Cook for an in-depth discussion in this video Challenge: Importing media, part of Pro Tools 12 Essential Training: 101.
- [Instructor] In this challenge…you'll import the audio and MIDI clips…into the DHY remix session.…To complete this challenge,…you'll first open the DHY Remix 02 session…that you previously created.…If that session's not available,…you can use the session I've provided for you…in the 03 Finished Solutions folder.…Next, complete a save as to create a copy…called DHY Remix 03.…Then, import the audio files…from the 01 Files to Import folder that I've provided…and place them into the Clip List in your session.…
Next, place the imported audio on your tracks…by dragging each file from the Clip List…onto it's corresponding track.…Then, import additional audio files…directly onto new tracks.…You'll find these files in the 02 Additional Files folder.…And then, rename the tracks…Shaker, Vox 1,…and Vox 2.…Next, mute the two new Vox tracks.…We'll come back to these in a later challenge.…Finally, import MIDI into your session…creating two new instrument tracks in the process.…
You'll find a MIDI horns file…in the 02 Additional Files folder to use for this purpose.…
AuthorFrank D. Cook
- Getting started with Pro Tools menus, windows, and edit tools
- Creating a session
- Creating a click track
- Recording audio
- Importing audio and video
- Recording, viewing, and editing MIDI data
- Selecting and navigating within tracks
- Adding markers
- Editing clips
- Creating fade effects
- Mixing tracks and adding automation
- Backing up a session
- Bouncing a mix to disk
Skill Level Beginner
Q. This course was updated on 03/23/2017. What changed?
A. Challenges and solutions were added to chapters 3–10 and three videos were updated in the first couple chapters.
Music Production Secrets: Larry Crane on Mixingwith Larry Crane1h 51m Intermediate
Get In the Mix with Pro Toolswith Brian Lee White2h 46m Intermediate
Mixing Techniques for Pop Music Part 1with Brian Malouf3h 19m Intermediate
1. Getting to Know Pro Tools
2. Getting inside Pro Tools
3. Creating Your First Session
4. Making Your First Audio Recording
5. Importing and Working with Media in a Session
6. Making Your First MIDI Recording
7. Selecting and Navigating
8. Basic Editing Techniques
9. Basic Mixing Techniques
10. Finishing Your Work
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.