Join Frank D. Cook for an in-depth discussion in this video Challenge: Editing audio, part of Pro Tools 12 Essential Training: 101.
- [Instructor] In this challenge…you'll edit the audio in the DHY remix session…to position the vocal parts…and trim the shaker part to fit.…To complete this challenge…you'll first open the DHY Remix 05 session…that you previously created.…If not available,…you can use the session I've provided for you…in the 03 Finished Solutions folder.…Next, complete a Save as to create a copy…called DHY Remix 06.…Then, set the Grid value to quarter notes…and adjust your zoom settings so that you can…see each bar number displayed on the Bar|Beats ruler.…
It should look something like this…so that you can easily see where each measure starts.…Next, place the clip on the Vox 1 track…so that it starts at Bar 2.…And then unmute the Vox 1 track.…Next, move the clip on the Vox 2 track…to start at bar nine, beat four,…and then unmute the Vox 2 track.…Finally, trim the clip on the Shaker track…so that it ends at bar 19, beat one…and add a one bar fade out at the end of the clip.…
Be sure to save your work when finished.…This challenge should take about five to 10 minutes…
AuthorFrank D. Cook
- Getting started with Pro Tools menus, windows, and edit tools
- Creating a session
- Creating a click track
- Recording audio
- Importing audio and video
- Recording, viewing, and editing MIDI data
- Selecting and navigating within tracks
- Adding markers
- Editing clips
- Creating fade effects
- Mixing tracks and adding automation
- Backing up a session
- Bouncing a mix to disk
Skill Level Beginner
Q. This course was updated on 03/23/2017. What changed?
A. Challenges and solutions were added to chapters 3–10 and three videos were updated in the first couple chapters.
Music Production Secrets: Larry Crane on Mixingwith Larry Crane1h 51m Intermediate
Mixing Techniques for Pop Music Part 1with Brian Malouf3h 19m Intermediate
Get In the Mix with Pro Toolswith Brian Lee White2h 46m Intermediate
1. Getting to Know Pro Tools
2. Getting inside Pro Tools
3. Creating Your First Session
4. Making Your First Audio Recording
5. Importing and Working with Media in a Session
6. Making Your First MIDI Recording
7. Selecting and Navigating
8. Basic Editing Techniques
9. Basic Mixing Techniques
10. Finishing Your Work
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.