Learn how to call up basic preset sounds and loops, and get to know Structure Free, including browser.
- [Instructor] All right, now we're going to talk…about Structure Free.…Structure Free is a super versatile ROMpler.…I hesitate to call it a sampler…because it doesn't do some of the things…that we would normally associate with a sampler.…It ROMples, it uses ROMs.…Essentially what we have are a lot of different sound banks…that we can mix and blend together…and it does act like a synthesizer in some ways.…We can do certain things to play with how the sounds react,…their playability, some other modulation,…their overall character, and we can also blend things.…
So we have some of the controls of a synthesizer…with some of the advantages of a sampler…and the workflow of a sampler really.…So I've opened up Structure Free.…We're on the Factory Default patch.…(beeping)…Okay, that's just a sine wave.…(beeping)…And what I'm going to do is I'm going to browse for some new,…some new sounds to play with, okay?…There are two ways to do this, two very simple ways.…We can use the presets up top.…We can also use the patch over here…
- Drum machine basics and loading presets
- Tweaking sounds to build a custom kit
- Using pattern select for performance
- Tonewheel Organ and Mini Grand basics
- Browsing and loading with Structure Free
- Resampling and slicing
- MIDI routing, arp, and mod
- Working with Vacuum
Skill Level Intermediate
Get In the Mix with Pro Toolswith Brian Lee White2h 46m Intermediate
2. Vintage Keys
3. Structure Free
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.