Get to know the character of Xpand!2 and work with presets.
- [Instructor] Now it's time to talk about XPand!2.…Now XPand!2 builds a lot on some of the things that we…talked about what Structure Free but does it in…a slightly different way.…We've got a lot of different parameters to work with,…a much different interface, but in the end…the thought process behind it is largely the same.…We're taking a lot of different sampler type patches…and modules and actually combining them together…in this sort of mixer type area.…So let's check out some of the presets.…Let's grab the,…well, let's go to the acoustic piano, actually,…because some of these acoustic pianos are great.…
(piano playing)…I don't know if natural is the right word, but hey.…And now let's go to Huge Paths, Magic Carpet.…(electronic piano playing)…Now what you're noticing here is that some of these presets…actually have multiple elements, okay?…So, A, B, C and D are actually individual modules…where we can load different patches into.…
We have the ability to layer different types of sounds…in many different ways, change how they're played,…
- Drum machine basics and loading presets
- Tweaking sounds to build a custom kit
- Using pattern select for performance
- Tonewheel Organ and Mini Grand basics
- Browsing and loading with Structure Free
- Resampling and slicing
- MIDI routing, arp, and mod
- Working with Vacuum
Skill Level Intermediate
Get In the Mix with Pro Toolswith Brian Lee White2h 46m Intermediate
2. Vintage Keys
3. Structure Free
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.