Join Scott Hirsch for an in-depth discussion in this video Automating plug-in parameters, part of Pro Tools: Audio for Film and Video.
Volume, panning, and send automation are not the only parameters you can automate.…You will find that automating plug-in parameters such as equalizer curves and…compression settings can be extremely helpful in your mix.…The ability to adjust plug-in parameters over time can help you keep your track…counts down and give you more control over what happens on a given track…throughout the timeline.…First thing you will notice when you try to automate a plug-in is that their…parameters don't automatically show up in the automation playlist.…So let me insert an EQ plug-in into this track.…So here I have my plug-in inserted and it has a lot of parameters.…
If I close the plug-in box and I go to my automation playlist, I don't see any…of those parameters showing up in my automation list here.…You actually have to manually set your parameters to show up.…So let me take this plug-in off and I want to show you one way you can do this…is through the Preferences in Pro Tools.…Here under the Mix tab you can set Pro Tools to say Plug-in Controls Defaults to Auto-Enabled.…
- Understanding video formats, codecs, and timecode rates
- Importing OMFs and AAFs into Pro Tools
- Spotting film and using markers
- Using room tone
- Creating fades to smooth out audio edits
- Sweetening and hard effects
- Recording ADR and editing with VocALign LE
- Editing out plosives, crackles, and hums
- Mixing with automation and reverb
- Calibrating for 5.1 surround mixing and bass management
- Mastering delivery levels and dynamics
- Understanding the Audio Suite enhancements in Pro Tools 10
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 4/04/12. Can you tell me what changed?
A: This update was initiated when Avid released Pro Tools 10. It explains that this course can be taken with either Pro Tools 9 or 10 (the exercise files are compatible with both), and we also added movies that explore the enhanced clip-based gain and Audio Suite features in Pro Tools 10, both of which are useful when building a soundtrack.
1. Getting Ready to Build Audio for Video
2. Working with a Video Project
Exporting OMF and AAF files4m 49s
3. Getting into the Audio for Video Workflow
4. Working with Audio for Video
5. Recording to Picture
6. Learning Audio for Video Techniques
7. Mixing Audio for Video
8. Working in Surround
9. Preparing for Final Delivery
10. Backing Up and Archiving
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.