Join Scott Hirsch for an in-depth discussion in this video Advanced mix automation, part of Audio for Film and Video with Pro Tools.
When you are working in HD or with a complete production toolkit, you get a few…advanced automation control features.…While some of these are more centered around control surfaces,…in this movie, we will go over some of the advanced features that can have an…impact on mixing audio for video.…Write on Stop is one of these advanced automation features.…You can use it in your audio for video session to find a good sweet spot for…music while you're moving the fader around, and then when you hit Stop it will…write that automation setting to either before and after your location, from…where you are to the end of the session, from where you are to the beginning of…the session, or to the previous or next breakpoint.…
So, let me show you how that would work.…We are going to set it to Write for the whole length of the session before and after.…So, this would be kind of like an initial pass when you're trying to find just…globally where the music should sit.…The next thing you want to do is set this track into Latch.…
- Understanding video formats, codecs, and timecode rates
- Importing OMFs and AAFs into Pro Tools
- Spotting film and using markers
- Using room tone
- Creating fades to smooth out audio edits
- Sweetening and hard effects
- Recording ADR and editing with VocALign LE
- Editing out plosives, crackles, and hums
- Mixing with automation and reverb
- Calibrating for 5.1 surround mixing and bass management
- Mastering delivery levels and dynamics
- Understanding the Audio Suite enhancements in Pro Tools 10
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 4/04/12. Can you tell me what changed?
A: This update was initiated when Avid released Pro Tools 10. It explains that this course can be taken with either Pro Tools 9 or 10 (the exercise files are compatible with both), and we also added movies that explore the enhanced clip-based gain and Audio Suite features in Pro Tools 10, both of which are useful when building a soundtrack.
Film Scoring with Pro Toolswith Christopher Brooks2h 38m Intermediate
Mixing and Mastering with Pro Toolswith Brian Lee White9h 18m Intermediate
1. Getting Ready to Build Audio for Video
2. Working with a Video Project
Exporting OMF and AAF files4m 49s
3. Getting into the Audio for Video Workflow
4. Working with Audio for Video
5. Recording to Picture
6. Learning Audio for Video Techniques
7. Mixing Audio for Video
8. Working in Surround
9. Preparing for Final Delivery
10. Backing Up and Archiving
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.