Join Scott Hirsch for an in-depth discussion in this video Adjusting global tempo with elastic audio, part of Learning Pro Tools.
- In the movie Importing Audio and Adjusting Tempo,…we saw how to import a clip…and use elastic audio to stretch that clip…to fit our session tempo.…In this movie we'll look at another scenario.…First, we'll see how to import a whole track…from another Pro Tools session,…and, second, we'll see how to change…the global tempo of that session…to match the clip's tempo.…Here's how we can import an entire track…from another Pro Tools session.…It's under File, Import, Session Data.…
When you choose File, Session, Import, Data,…you're going to be looking for…another Pro Tools session to import from.…In this case, we have a session called…"DRUMS session for import."…I'll click into here, I'll find the .ptx file,…and I'll click Open, and that brings…us into the Import Session Data dialogue,…and there's a lot of information in here,…and you can import a lot of different session data,…not just tracks and audio, but other things…like tempo and meter map, key signature.…
You can get a whole bunch of different stuff…from other sessions into your current session,…
Find more tutorials on our Pro Tools page.
- Setting up Pro Tools 12
- Working with templates
- Creating a drumbeat
- Loop recording
- Editing and arranging audio and MIDI
- Adjusting tempo
- Adding EQ and compression to the mix
- Performing real-time automation
- Bussing audio
- Creating reverb and delay
- Finalizing and exporting your mix
Skill Level Beginner
Get In the Mix with Pro Toolswith Brian Lee White2h 46m Intermediate
Pro Tools: Mixing and Masteringwith Brian Lee White10h 32m Intermediate
1. Setting Up Pro Tools 12
2. Recording MIDI and Audio
3. Arranging and Editing
5. Finishing the Song
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.