Overall moves that help bring clarity to this Rhythm section fundamental
- [Voiceover] I'll never forget way back…in 1980 something my good friend Mike Picarello…told me about his favorite trick for getting…a lot of clarity in the bass.…And it's a little bit anti-intuitive…because the way he would do it is he would…subtract bass and then turn it up.…So let me bypass this first…and let's listen to a little bit of this tune.…
This is Alan Stone that I made.…♫ The end of time's inside of our lives…♫ oh I am just gettin by…♫ baby but oh my ♫…- This is already on it.…Maybe I'll turn this off for a second.…♫ I discovered a way ♫…- Virtual channel…and the needle's at 1176,…sort of a standard practice for bass clarity…is to put this 1176 across it.…It really is a life saver when it comes to bass.…
And for me I also quite like this tube tech equalizer,…it gives me a lot more pick noise which I didn't need…for this bass.…I'll show you that tube tech again.…This is a real standard go to compressor for bass…as well and this really adds clarity.…I'll show you what it sounds like.…(guitar strumming)…- Listen to how that pick sound really comes out.…
- Choosing the right reverb
- Adding digital delay
- Tuning your mix
- Phase shifting and flanging
- Increasing drum power and presence
- Driving home the groove with acoustic guitars
- Adding sheer volume to your mix
- Affecting the effects
- Making the chorus "pop"
- Knowing when your mix is done
Skill Level Intermediate
Mixing Techniques for Pop Music, Part 1with Brian Malouf3h 19m Intermediate
Music Production Secrets: Larry Crane on Mixingwith Larry Crane1h 51m Intermediate
1. Effects and Ambience
2. Auxiliary and Master Bussing
3. Variables: Finding Your Own Way
Next steps1m 22s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.