- Exploring the Pro Tools interface
- Choosing a playback engine and other settings
- Setting up Pro Tools hardware and software properly
- Importing audio
- Recording and editing audio and MIDI
- Arranging a session
- Writing and editing automation
- Mixing and mastering a session
- Using automatic delay compensation
- Bouncing down a mix as an MP3
- Importing and displaying video
- Archiving a session
Skill Level Beginner
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm David Franz, and this is Pro Tools 9 Essential Training. In this course, I'll unveil the inner workings of the industry standard software for music and post-production, including all the concepts and techniques necessary for recording, editing, mixing, and mastering in Pro Tools. Specifically, I'll cover how to set up your Pro Tools Studio and explore all the facets of the Pro Tools interface. I'll show you how to record and edit audio and MIDI in a Pro Tools session. I'll explain how to work with virtual instruments, plugins, and video as well as how to comp tracks with playlists and import any kind of data into your Pro Tools session.
I'll show you how to utilize Automatic Delay Compensation to keep your tracks time aligned, Elastic Audio for time and pitch manipulation, and how to create a musical score with the Score Editor. Finally, I'll show you how to use Pro Tools for mastering and how to archive a Pro Tools session for backup and storage. This course is applicable to all versions of Pro Tools, and the techniques I teach in this course will show you how to use Pro Tools for any aspect of music and post-production. So, let's dive into the videos and get started with Pro Tools 9 Essential Training.
Pro Tools: Music Editing for TV and Filmwith Skye Lewin3h 30m Intermediate
Mixing and Mastering with Pro Toolswith Brian Lee White9h 18m Intermediate
Pro Tools: Audio for Film and Videowith Scott Hirsch5h 9m Intermediate
1. Getting Set Up in Pro Tools 9
2. Learning the Interface
3. Importing into Pro Tools
4. Recording Audio
5. Editing Audio
6. Arranging a Session
7. Recording MIDI Data
8. Editing MIDI
11. Mixing and Mastering
12. Working with Video
Archiving an entire session4m 22s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.