Music Editing for TV and Film in Pro Tools
Let music editor and producer Skye Lewin show you a selection of audio editing techniques for cutting music to picture in this course on Pro Tools. He covers the basics of timecode, syncing a QuickTime movie with the Pro Tools timeline, alignment of music to picture, editing music, and editorial techniques that may require editing rights. The course also covers creating alternative edits, conforming edits, and exporting QuickTime movies for presentation.
- Importing audio and video files
- Creating and using sync points
- Using snap editing commands
- Customizing crossfades
- Editing to acquire multiple sync points within the same cue
- Creating a 30-second condensed edit
- Exploring alternate edits and alternate songs
- Mixing and bouncing down the edit
- Compressing QuickTime movies
- Conforming an edit if the length of a shot changes or if a scene has shifted
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Skye Lewin, and welcome to Music Editing for TV and Film in Pro Tools. In this course, we'll look at some tools and techniques for editing music to picture in Pro Tools. We'll start by examining some of the basics of time code, and then syncing picture with the Pro Tools time line. Next, we'll look at some navigation, viewing, editing techniques, and key commands that will help you edit more quickly so you can focus on being creative, rather than looking for the right tools. Then, we'll walk through creating several music edits, conforming, and creating quick times to present the edits.
Lastly, we'll talk about some special circumstances that may require obtaining additional edit rights. So whenever you're ready, let's get started with Music Editing for TV and Film in Pro Tools.
Photoshop CS5: Selections in Depth456,154 Views
The lynda.com Story68,831 Views
Designing Dynamic Blocks in AutoCAD34,852 Views
WordPress and Genesis DIY: Small Business Website58,172 Views
Filmmaking Forum: Conversations6,288 Views
Pro Tools 11 Essential Training668,213 Views
Deke's Techniques1,567,617 Views
After Effects CC Essential Training2,632,490 Views
Audio Recording Techniques1,375,600 Views
DaVinci Resolve 11 Essential Training643,812 Views