- Understanding video formats, codecs, and timecode rates
- Importing OMFs and AAFs into Pro Tools
- Spotting film and using markers
- Using room tone
- Creating fades to smooth out audio edits
- Sweetening and hard effects
- Recording ADR and editing with VocALign LE
- Editing out plosives, crackles, and hums
- Mixing with automation and reverb
- Calibrating for 5.1 surround mixing and bass management
- Mastering delivery levels and dynamics
- Understanding the Audio Suite enhancements in Pro Tools 10
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Scott Hirsch, and this is Audio for Film and Video with Pro Tools. An evocative sound mix is what transforms a video with basic audio collected during the shoot into a deeply layered final product. In this course, I'll show you an overview of the audio for video production work flow, as well as how to set up and optimize a Pro Tool session template to efficiently work on projects with unique video requirements. I'll cover recording fully in ADR and how to layer sound effects combining all these elements for fully realized sound tracks. (motorcycle crashing) I'll demonstrate how to reduce the noise in your session, eliminating those annoying crackles and hums that kill any good video.
I'll explain how to mix both in stereo and 5.1 surround and properly deliver your final mixes for film, broadcast, DVD or the Internet. We'll also be exploring industry standard plugins like the Wave 360 bundle and Isotope RX to take our audio mixes to the next level. So if you're ready, let's get started with Audio for Film and Video with Pro Tools.
Q: This course was updated on 4/04/12. Can you tell me what changed?
A: This update was initiated when Avid released Pro Tools 10. It explains that this course can be taken with either Pro Tools 9 or 10 (the exercise files are compatible with both), and we also added movies that explore the enhanced clip-based gain and Audio Suite features in Pro Tools 10, both of which are useful when building a soundtrack.
1. Getting Ready to Build Audio for Video
2. Working with a Video Project
Exporting OMF and AAF files4m 48s
3. Getting into the Audio for Video Workflow
4. Working with Audio for Video
5. Recording to Picture
6. Learning Audio for Video Techniques
7. Mixing Audio for Video
8. Working in Surround
9. Preparing for Final Delivery
10. Backing Up and Archiving
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.