Audio for Film and Video with Pro Tools
In this course, professional audio engineer Scott Hirsch shows how to create an evocative sound mix for a film or video, built from basic audio collected during the shoot and transformed into a final mix using Pro Tools 9. This course shows how to set up and optimize a Pro Tools session template for projects with unique requirements, record Foley and ADR audio, layer sound effects, perform corrections such as noise reduction and pitch shifting, mix for stereo and 5.1 surround sound, and finally, how to format and deliver the finalized mix, whether destined for DVD, movie theater, broadcast, or the web.
- Understanding video formats, codecs, and timecode rates
- Importing OMFs and AAFs into Pro Tools
- Spotting film and using markers
- Using room tone
- Creating fades to smooth out audio edits
- Sweetening and hard effects
- Recording ADR and editing with VocALign LE
- Editing out plosives, crackles, and hums
- Mixing with automation and reverb
- Calibrating for 5.1 surround mixing and bass management
- Mastering delivery levels and dynamics
- Understanding the Audio Suite enhancements in Pro Tools 10
Hi I'm Scott Hirsch, and this is Audio for Film and Video with Pro Tools. An evocative sound mix is what transforms a video with basic audio collected during the shoot into a deeply layered final product. In this course, I'll show you an overview of the audio-for-video production workflow, as well as how to set up and optimize a Pro Tools session template to efficiently work on projects with unique video requirements. I'll cover recording Foley and ADR and how to layer sound effects, combining all these elements for fully realized soundtracks. (video playing) I'll demonstrate how to reduce the noise in your session, eliminating those annoying crackles and hums that kill any good video.
I'll explain how to mix both in stereo and 5.1 surround and properly deliver your final mixes for film, broadcast, DVD, or the Internet. We'll also be exploring industry- standard plug-ins like the Waves 360 Bundle and iZotope RX to take our audio mixes to the next level. So if you're ready, let's get started with Audio for Film and Video with Pro Tools.
Find answers to the most frequently asked questions about Audio for Film and Video with Pro Tools .
Here are the FAQs that matched your search "" :
- Q: This course was updated on 4/04/12. Can you tell me what changed?
- A: This update was initiated when Avid released Pro Tools 10. It explains that this course can be taken with either Pro Tools 9 or 10 (the exercise files are compatible with both), and we also added movies that explore the enhanced clip-based gain and Audio Suite features in Pro Tools 10, both of which are useful when building a soundtrack.
Sorry, there are no matches for your search "" —to search again, type in another word or phrase and click search.
Pro Tools 11 Essential Training646,408 Views
After Effects CC Essential Training2,533,490 Views
DaVinci Resolve 11 Essential Training623,069 Views
Audio Recording Techniques1,275,513 Views
Premiere Pro CC Essential Training (2014)1,784,172 Views
DSLR Video Tips2,375,992 Views
Video Gear Weekly717,626 Views
Pro Video Tips628,886 Views
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2013)3,249,919 Views
Audio Mixing Bootcamp894,178 Views