- Enabling elastic audio
- Selecting an elastic audio plug-in
- Analyzing regions with elastic audio
- Manually adjusting timing with Warp Markers
- Transposing pitch
- Quantizing audio
- Locking bass to kick drum
- Warping vocals
- Adjusting elastic audio settings
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Hi I'm Brian White. And welcome to Pro Tools, Time Manipulation with Alastic Audio. Elastic Audio is an amazing feature in Pro Tools that allows users to manipulate the timing of regions by stretching or shrinking slices of audio directly inside the edit window. Effectively slowing down, speeding up, or changing the rhythmic feel of an existing recording while preserving the original pitch. In this course I'll teach you the basics of Elastic Audio in Pro Tools. Showing you how to instantly conform audio loops to a sessions tempo ruler. I'll show you how to use warp markers to manipulate the timing of audio regions and find the perfect groove.
I'll explain how to dynamically change the tempo of existing audio recordings by tying them to the tempo ruler with tic based audio. Finally, I'll show you how to apply Elastic Audio work flows to vocal recordings. Helping you perfect the phrasing against the rhythm of the track. Elastic Audio can be implemented in very basic yet effective ways, or tweaked and tweezed to no end. Either way it is a must know technique will help take your recordings to the next level. So lets get started with Pro Tools, Time Manipulation with Elastic Audio.