Mixing and Mastering with Pro Tools
Once recording and editing are finished, audio engineers can take advantage of the training in Mixing and Mastering with Pro Tools to punch up the final output. Digidesign Certified Expert Brian Lee White covers all the basic mixing tools that every producer and engineer should know, from using EQ to add clarity and focus to using compression and limiting to maximize track levels within a mix. Brian stresses the importance of setting up a solid mixing plan prior to any work in Pro Tools, and gives advice on the best plug-ins for each stage of the process. Exercise files accompany the course.
- Using the Pro Tools Creative Collection to add clarity, punch, width, and depth to a mix
- Recording real-time automation moves for future replication
- Building healthy and profitable mixing habits when putting a final mix together
- Knowing when to process the audio of a track
- Using saturation effects to capture that "analog" sound
- Working with limiting and multiband compression during the mastering process
- Dealing with plug-in delay and latency in a mix
- Hi, I'm Brian White. And welcome to Pro Tools Mixing and Mastering. In this course, I'll show you how to take your projects to the next level, using Pro Tools to tie in all the pieces together into a killer sounding mix. Together, we'll explore the Pro Tools mixer and understand the basics of signal flow, plugins, effects returns, and sub mixing. I'll discuss the importance of setting up a solid mixing plan and give you advice on working through critical stages of the mix. I'll cover the basic mixing tools every producer should know. From using EQ to clarity and focus, to effectively using dynamics processors to add impact and power to your mixes.
I'll explain how to achieve that commercial, radio ready sound during the mastering stage, by using compression and limiting to maximize the level of your mix. If you're new to Pro Tools, you should definitely check out the Pro Tools essential training course here on the online training library. But if you're already familiar with the basics, I'll share some great tips I've learned from my five years as a digizine certified expert instructor. And over 10 years of mixing in the box. So, if you're ready, I'm ready. Let's get started with Pro Tools Mixing and Mastering.
Diane Domeyer on Standing out in the Creative Job Market6,038 Views
Eddie Opara on His Influences, Design Process, and Joining Pentagram3,720 Views
Cloth Simulation in Blender24,002 Views
Up and Running with nano25,504 Views
Creating with Adobe's Line and Sketch Apps42,429 Views
Audio Recording Techniques1,372,229 Views
Pro Tools 11 Essential Training667,437 Views
Audio Mixing Bootcamp954,272 Views
Deke's Techniques1,560,305 Views
Pro Tools Mixing and Mastering373,487 Views