- View Offline
- Using the Pro Tools Creative Collection to add clarity, punch, width, and depth to a mix
- Recording real-time automation moves for future replication
- Building healthy and profitable mixing habits when putting a final mix together
- Knowing when to process the audio of a track
- Using saturation effects to capture that "analog" sound
- Working with limiting and multiband compression during the mastering process
- Dealing with plug-in delay and latency in a mix
Skill Level Intermediate
- Hi, I'm Brian White. And welcome to Pro Tools Mixing and Mastering. In this course, I'll show you how to take your projects to the next level, using Pro Tools to tie in all the pieces together into a killer sounding mix. Together, we'll explore the Pro Tools mixer and understand the basics of signal flow, plugins, effects returns, and sub mixing. I'll discuss the importance of setting up a solid mixing plan and give you advice on working through critical stages of the mix. I'll cover the basic mixing tools every producer should know. From using EQ to clarity and focus, to effectively using dynamics processors to add impact and power to your mixes.
I'll explain how to achieve that commercial, radio ready sound during the mastering stage, by using compression and limiting to maximize the level of your mix. If you're new to Pro Tools, you should definitely check out the Pro Tools essential training course here on the online training library. But if you're already familiar with the basics, I'll share some great tips I've learned from my five years as a digizine certified expert instructor. And over 10 years of mixing in the box. So, if you're ready, I'm ready. Let's get started with Pro Tools Mixing and Mastering.