- View Offline
- Importing and displaying video for scoring
- Setting up inputs and outputs
- Working with picture sessions and OMFs
- Importing MIDI data such as tempo and meter maps
- Matching tempo and beats to existing music
- Using Elastic Audio
- Printing guide stems from cue sessions for use in live recording
- Exploring Pull Up and Pull Down
- Multitrack recording
- Mixing tracks
- Preparing for final dubbing
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Hi I'm Chris Brooks and welcome to Pro Tools Film Scoring. Pro Tools is the most ubiquitous recording, editing, and mixing platform on the planet. Its wide spread use on scoring stages and dubbing stages makes it the only choice for many of the tasks associated with creating music for films, television, and other visual media. If you've gotten your feet wet with Pro tools, I'll help launch you into the world of film music. I'll show you how to create effective session templates.
I'll teach you how to prepare for multi-track recording sessions using guide tracks, clicks, and streamers. And I'll show you how to set up a final mix with everything that you need to finish your project right. I've produced film scores for over 100 films and have developed methods and techniques that I can't wait to share with you. So, if you're ready let's get started with Pro Tools Film Scoring.