- View Offline
- Understanding Beat Detective
- Making selections and separating regions in Beat Detective
- Extracting and using groove templates
- Generating a tempo map with bar beat markers
- Quantizing multi-track drums
- Using SoundReplacer and other sample triggering plug-ins
- Creating and using MIDI triggers
- Replacing drum sounds within a stereo recording
- Drum sweetening tips and strategies
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Brian White, and welcome to Pro Tools Editing Drums Using Beat Detective and SoundReplacer. Beat Detective is the Swiss Army Knife of time and rhythm in Pro Tools, and SoundReplacer can take your drum sound from drab to fab in just a few clicks. Together, these tools are standard fare in any professional's core Pro Tools workflow. In this course, I'll show you how to quantize multi-track drum recordings using BeatDetective, helping that drummer with questionable timing sound as solid as a rock.
(drums) I'll teach you how to use the stock Midi editing in Pro Tools to trigger samples and sweeten any drum recording without special plugins. I'll even teach you some of my favorite drum-sweetening workflows, making even the most budget recording sound like a million bucks. ? We hit the town ? And I'll never forget ? So if you're ready, let's get into Pro Tools Editing Drums Using Beat Detective and SoundReplacer.