In this video, learn how to add shapes, text, and artboards using the Insert tool and how to import Sketch and Figma projects into Principle using the Import tool. Also, learn what the Drivers, Animate, and Tutorials tools do as well as how to use the Mirror tool to preview your work on a device.
- In this exercise we continue our interface tour … by looking at a few more important items … found in the interface. … And if you wish to follow along, open the interface file … found in your chapter download. … At the top of the canvas right here are three little buttons … or tools. … The insert top down here lets you create shapes, … add text, or create a new art board. … And all you have to do is just select them … and away you go, and we'll get into using all these … later on in this chapter. … Import is how you add Figma and sketch projects … directly into Principle and we'll get into that … later on in this course. … Now over here are two very important features of principle: … drivers and animate. … Drivers animate objects based on changes between … properties rather than changes over time … or between art boards. … For example, dragging or swiping. … And the drivers are actually driven over here. … So if I select this, these are sort of the drivers … that I can add. … Now, drivers can be a little bit complicated …
- Adding content to new artboards
- Creating your first Principle animation
- Managing the Principle timeline
- Animating with keyframes and drivers
- Using assets from Photoshop and Sketch
- Masking and cropping
- Creating an Apple Watch UI
- Creating a video player
Skill Level Intermediate
Prototyping Microinteractions with Adobe Animatewith Joseph Labrecque1h 50m Intermediate
Prototyping Microinteractions with After Effectswith Tom Green3h 33m Intermediate
What is Principle?1m 17s
1. Getting Started with Principle
2. Using the Principle Timeline
3. Using the Principle Drivers
4. Managing Content in Principle
5. Practical Principle Projects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.