Learn how to create and assign a baseline to a project in Oracle Primavera P6.
- [Instructor] Now after creating your project,…you want to create the baseline.…I'm going to open up my project.…Here you want to create the baseline…so we go to project,…maintain baseline,…and I'm going to add the baseline.…Here you have two choices.…You can save a copy of the current project as a new baseline…or you can convert another project…to a new baseline of the current one.…We're going to save a copy of this.…
So I'll select OK.…And since the baseline is now created,…I'm going to assign it a baseline type.…As you can see, you have many different options…to choose from.…In this case, I'm going to say the customer signed off on it.…Then select close to confirm.…Now that you've created a baseline,…you will need to assign it to the project…so that you are able to track your progress over time.…I'm going to go to project, assign baseline,…and under the project baseline,…I'm going to select the newly created baseline.…
I'll do the same thing for primary.…And you're able to create multiple baselines…and use them as you please.…
AuthorSeyi Joël Kuks
- Configuring preferences
- Creating an enterprise project structure (EPS)
- Creating a project with activities
- Maintaining calendars
- Creating a work breakdown structure (WBS)
- Creating and formatting a schedule
- Formatting Gantt charts
- Adding constraints
- Setting a baseline
- Assigning resources
- Handling expenses
- Printing reports
- Importing and exporting projects
Skill Level Beginner
1. Creating a Schedule
2. Formatting the Schedule
3. Progressing the Schedule
Setting the baseline1m 34s
4. Planning with Resources
5. Essential Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.