Author Seyi Kuks shows you around Oracle Primavera P6. Learn how to navigate the project window, activity window, details form, and Gantt chart in Oracle's Primavera P6 interface.
- [Instructor] Once you sign into Primavera P6 you will see the general startup interface. This is the project window. In the top left view of your project window is the enterprise project structure, also know an the EPS. These are individual portfolios to organize your projects. You can close the portfolio by selecting the minus band and to expand select the plus band. In the bottom half of your screen is what we call the project details form.
This holds information related to an open project. To only show certain tabs, you want to right click in any of the tab, select Customize Project Details, and you can either drag tabs over or use the arrow to move them over. I'm going to take this off and leave it with general, dates, defaults, notebook and resources, click OK to confirm. You should see the changes made. Now in the top right view of your screen is the Gantt chart.
this illustrates the time intervals of the portfolios, projects, activities, et cetera. You can double click in the Gantt chart area to bring a project into view. Next I'm going to open up the city center office building addition project by selecting, right click, open project. Looks pretty similar, right? A quick overview. The top level view is the activity table, the bottom half is the details form.
And to the top right is the Gantt chart. I'm going to click inline with excavation, to bring the activity bar into view. Now I'm going to click the activity ID column to show you how the activities reorder based on the data. If I was to click, you will see here that the activities are ordered in a descending order, with 1160 above and 1000 below. I'm going to keep it in ascending order for now. To close, select File, Close All.
I'll select Yes, and it's a wrap.
- Configuring preferences
- Creating an enterprise project structure (EPS)
- Creating a project with activities
- Maintaining calendars
- Creating a work breakdown structure (WBS)
- Creating and formatting a schedule
- Formatting Gantt charts
- Adding constraints
- Setting a baseline
- Assigning resources
- Handling expenses
- Printing reports
- Importing and exporting projects