Learn how to create a new project and enter the project details in Oracle Primavera P6.
- [Instructor] To create a new project…I'm going to select File New.…As for the EPS, I'm going to go ahead assign Kuks & Co.…For my ID, this is going to be Kuks,…and the project name,…Primavera P6 Essential Training.…For the project plan start, I'm going to assign March 19th,…and make this 8:00 a.m.…
I'll leave the must finish by date blank.…I'll leave the default,…Responsible Manager and the Rate Type.…Select Finish.…Your project should now be displayed.…You can ensure so…by taking a look at the top left side of the screen.…You'll see the name of the project.…Next, we're going to enter some details…in the project details form.…I'll make sure my project is selected.…Under the details form, I'm going to select the General tab.…As for the status, I'm going to set this to What if,…well, since this is only a proposed plan as of now.…
You can see you have other options.…Under the Dates tab,…I'm going to set my data date to March 19th, 8:00 a.m.…For the anticipated start, I'll do the same.…For the anticipated finish,…I'm going to set this as April 6th, 4:00 p.m.…
- Configuring preferences
- Creating an enterprise project structure (EPS)
- Creating a project with activities
- Maintaining calendars
- Creating a work breakdown structure (WBS)
- Creating and formatting a schedule
- Formatting Gantt charts
- Adding constraints
- Setting a baseline
- Assigning resources
- Handling expenses
- Printing reports
- Importing and exporting projects
Skill Level Beginner
1. Creating a Schedule
2. Formatting the Schedule
3. Progressing the Schedule
Setting the baseline1m 34s
4. Planning with Resources
5. Essential Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.