Learn how to assign resources to activities in Oracle Primavera P6.
- [Instructor] Now I would like to assign some resources…to the project,…so I'm going to open it up.…In the details form,…you're going to select the resource tab…so that I can assign the resources to the activities.…First I'm going to select Write Training Script,…then click add resource below.…Now the resources aren't displayed,…so I'm going to select the dropdown,…filter by, and select all active resources.…I'm going to scroll all the way to the bottom,…and for Write Training Script,…I'm going to assign a author.…
Again, you want to remember to select the activity…before assigning the resource.…For Record The Videos,…I'm going to assign a author…and the content producer.…For Create Assessment Questions,…I'm going to assign the author.…Then click close to exit the form.…Now for activities with multiple resources,…like Record Training Videos,…you would notice that it shows 40 hours…per each resource.…
But at times, it could split the 40 hours…between both resource…or if you have more,…between all of the resources.…Do keep an eye out for this…
- Configuring preferences
- Creating an enterprise project structure (EPS)
- Creating a project with activities
- Maintaining calendars
- Creating a work breakdown structure (WBS)
- Creating and formatting a schedule
- Formatting Gantt charts
- Adding constraints
- Setting a baseline
- Assigning resources
- Handling expenses
- Printing reports
- Importing and exporting projects
Skill Level Beginner
1. Creating a Schedule
2. Formatting the Schedule
3. Progressing the Schedule
Setting the baseline1m 34s
4. Planning with Resources
5. Essential Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.