Learn how to add relationships between activities in Oracle Primavera P6.
- [Instructor] To add relationships to the activities…I'm going to open up my project.…Now under the relationships tab in the details form…I'm going to click assign under the predecessor section.…For write training script I'm going to…assign a predecessor of kick off.…As for record training videos,…write training script, create assessment questions,…record training videos, and submit assessments…will have a predecessor of create assessment questions.…
Now I'm going to exit the form.…You will notice that the system automatically applies…a relationship type of finish to start.…You can change this in your details form…under the relationships column.…In this case you see we have the finish to finish,…start to finish as this is a milestone.…If I was to select record training videos,…you will see that we have four options…with the start to start.…I'm going to keep it as finish to start.…Now I'm going to press F5 to refresh my data…and then press F9 to schedule.…
Ensure the data date is March 19, 8 a.m.,…click schedule, and you can see here…
- Configuring preferences
- Creating an enterprise project structure (EPS)
- Creating a project with activities
- Maintaining calendars
- Creating a work breakdown structure (WBS)
- Creating and formatting a schedule
- Formatting Gantt charts
- Adding constraints
- Setting a baseline
- Assigning resources
- Handling expenses
- Printing reports
- Importing and exporting projects
Skill Level Beginner
1. Creating a Schedule
2. Formatting the Schedule
3. Progressing the Schedule
Setting the baseline1m 34s
4. Planning with Resources
5. Essential Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.