Learn how to add a project constraint in Oracle Primavera P6.
- [Instructor] To add the project constraint,…you need to ensure that your project is open.…Now, it does automatically open up the Activity window,…but I do need to assign this in the Project window.…You want to make sure the project is selected…and under the Dates tab,…I'm going to assign a Must Finish By date…of April 6th, 4:00 p.m.…To see the results of this,…I'll switch over to the Activity window…and select the Schedule button or press F9, then Schedule.…
You will notice that the activity bars remain red…as we have no float in the current plan.…I'll go ahead and change…the Create Assessment Questions duration…to four days and Reschedule.…You will now notice that the bars are green,…showing that we're finishing earlier than planned.…If I was to change this to six days and Schedule,…you will see that the negative float bar pops up,…showing that we're behind schedule.…
For now, I'll leave it as five days and Reschedule.…Using the project constraint is a good way to stay on track.…
- Configuring preferences
- Creating an enterprise project structure (EPS)
- Creating a project with activities
- Maintaining calendars
- Creating a work breakdown structure (WBS)
- Creating and formatting a schedule
- Formatting Gantt charts
- Adding constraints
- Setting a baseline
- Assigning resources
- Handling expenses
- Printing reports
- Importing and exporting projects
Skill Level Beginner
1. Creating a Schedule
2. Formatting the Schedule
3. Progressing the Schedule
Setting the baseline1m 34s
4. Planning with Resources
5. Essential Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.