Learn how to add an activity constraint in Oracle Primavera P6.
- [Instructor] To add an activity constraint,…I'm going to open up my project.…Now, with my assessments due no later than April 6th,…I will apply a finish on or before constraint…to create assessment questions.…First, you need to make sure it's selected.…Then, in the status tab,…I'm going to make use of the constraint section,…and select a dropdown,…which shows different options to choose from.…This generally applies based on activity type.…
As for now, I'm going to select finish on or before,…and show it as April 6th, 2018, 4:00 p.m.…I'm going to go ahead and schedule the project,…using the schedule icon or F9.…Select Schedule.…You will notice that no change was made.…Although, if you notice,…on the finish column you will see an asterisk,…indicating there's a constraint.…I'm going to go ahead and change this to four days,…and then reschedule.…
You will notice that our bars are still red,…indicating we're on a critical path,…even though we're finishing the project a day early.…I'm going to change this to six,…and reschedule.…
AuthorSeyi Joël Kuks
- Configuring preferences
- Creating an enterprise project structure (EPS)
- Creating a project with activities
- Maintaining calendars
- Creating a work breakdown structure (WBS)
- Creating and formatting a schedule
- Formatting Gantt charts
- Adding constraints
- Setting a baseline
- Assigning resources
- Handling expenses
- Printing reports
- Importing and exporting projects
Skill Level Beginner
1. Creating a Schedule
2. Formatting the Schedule
3. Progressing the Schedule
Setting the baseline1m 34s
4. Planning with Resources
5. Essential Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.