Learn how to add activities to a project's WBS in Oracle Primavera P6.
- [Instructor] I will now like to add…activities to my project,…so I'm going to open it.…You will notice that it opens up the activity window,…but I need to make some changes in the project window.…First I need to ensure that the project is selected,…and in my defaults tab I'm going to change…the percent complete type…from duration to physical so that I can enter it manually.…As for the calendar,…I'll like to select the project calendar that I created,…which is Kuks 5 day per week.…
If you don't see it it may be…because it's showing the global calendar.…So you want to select the drop down…and select the project calendars.…I'm going to double click to select.…And as far as the ID prefix,…I'm going to change this to K.…Now I can add my activities,…and I'll switch over to the activity window…then select the WBS,…right click,…add.…To do this faster you can also use the insert button…on your keyboard.…
As for the first activity,…I'm going to name this kick off.…This is going to be write training script.…And the next one is going to be record training videos.…
AuthorSeyi Joël Kuks
- Configuring preferences
- Creating an enterprise project structure (EPS)
- Creating a project with activities
- Maintaining calendars
- Creating a work breakdown structure (WBS)
- Creating and formatting a schedule
- Formatting Gantt charts
- Adding constraints
- Setting a baseline
- Assigning resources
- Handling expenses
- Printing reports
- Importing and exporting projects
Skill Level Beginner
1. Creating a Schedule
2. Formatting the Schedule
3. Progressing the Schedule
Setting the baseline1m 34s
4. Planning with Resources
5. Essential Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.