Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Use the screen ratio guides, part of Prezi Classic Tips and Tricks.
- [Garrick] If there's one thing that…experienced presenters know,…it's that there are always going to be certain elements…of presenting that are out of your control.…Especially when you're presenting…on a computer that's not your own,…or through an unfamiliar projector,…or in a room with an unreliable internet connection.…And because we can't always control…the equipment we present through,…it's always a good idea to prepare for the unknown…by building safeguards into our presentations.…So for example, in a scenario where you may not know…what kind of project you're be connecting to,…you'll want to plan for the possibility…that you'll be using an older model…that can only display at extremely low resolutions.…
In my experience, most projectors…that are provided to you at speaking venues…still display at the 4:3 screen ratio,…which is the ratio used by older CRT monitors and TVs.…But today's modern computers all use a wide screen ratio,…often at 16:9, or what you may know as an HDTV ratio.…And that's most likely the ratio you'll use…
- Determine when to use invisible frames.
- Explain how to incorporate favorites into a new Prezi presentation.
- Identify the three categories of text classified by Prezi.
- Recall three characteristics of shapes that can be changed.
- Explain how to perform smart zooming.
- Recognize the functions of four keyboard shortcuts.