Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Importing a PowerPoint presentation, part of Prezi Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- If you're an experienced presenter, chances are…you have existing Microsoft PowerPoint presentations…that you'd like to convert into Prezi presentations.…It's actually pretty easy…to import PowerPoint content into Prezi.…But bear in mind that, since Prezi isn't a slide-based tool,…you're gonna lose things like slide transitions,…animations and the like.…So plan on spending some time reworking…and reimporting elements into your prezi…to take full advantage of Prezi's tool.…Now, if you just wanna go from slide to slide…in your presentation,…there's really no need to import…a PowerPoint presentation into Prezi.…
Just keep it in PowerPoint.…But importing PowerPoint slides…can be a quick way to get your assets into Prezi…so you can start arranging them right away.…I'll just hide my browser for a moment here.…And here on my desktop, I have a PowerPoint presentation,…and I'll open it up in PowerPoint…just so you can see what it looks like.…This is just a basic collection…of slides with text and images.…Nothing really fancy here.…
The course also explores how to collaborate with others on a prezi, publish it, and present it remotely on computers, tablets, and other devices.
- Planning your presentation
- Creating a new prezi
- Using the theme wizard
- Adding text, images, links, and more
- Aligning, layering, and grouping elements
- Adding video and audio to a prezi
- Collaborating on a prezi
- Printing a prezi
Skill Level Beginner
1. Overview of Prezi
Planning your presentation4m 12s
2. Getting Started
3. Working with Basic Content
4. Arranging and Zooming
5. Working with Multimedia Elements
6. Presenting Your Prezi
7. Sharing and Publishing Your Prezi
Next steps1m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.