Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating layouts, part of Prezi Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- At this point we've seen how to work with…pre-created frames in Prezi's templates…as well as how to generate your own frames.…Now I think in many cases…you'll find yourself somewhere in between…using the default layout of a template…and wanting to start completely from scratch…with a blank Prezi and all of your own assets.…Now using a template is great…because you can customize them,…but your design still relies a lot…on the original template's layout.…Starting from a blank Prezi gives you complete freedom,…but if you're not an experienced Prezi user,…you might have trouble building…all of your frames from scratch.…Fortunately, Prezi has a collection of preset layouts…you can use in both existing templates…or in completely blank canvases.…
So for example let's say I was working with this template…from the previous movie,…but during my presentation…I want to make a couple of tangential points…that don't really fit into the original layout.…I could just zoom into an area.…Why don't we go to Hawaii.…From here I can start adding frames…
The course also explores how to collaborate with others on a prezi, publish it, and present it remotely on computers, tablets, and other devices.
- Planning your presentation
- Creating a new prezi
- Using the theme wizard
- Adding text, images, links, and more
- Aligning, layering, and grouping elements
- Adding video and audio to a prezi
- Collaborating on a prezi
- Printing a prezi
Skill Level Beginner
1. Overview of Prezi
Planning your presentation4m 12s
2. Getting Started
3. Working with Basic Content
4. Arranging and Zooming
5. Working with Multimedia Elements
6. Presenting Your Prezi
7. Sharing and Publishing Your Prezi
Next steps1m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.