In this video, learn how to create a new Prezi from the collection of templates that are available.
- [Narrator] Okay, let's see how to create a new Prezi. I'm here at my dashboard after signing into my Prezi account in my browser. Prezi officially supports the browsers Google Chrome, the 64-bit version of Firefox, Microsoft Edge, and Apple Safari. I think it's generally a good idea to have at least two or three of these browsers installed on your system, so you can get to your Prezies if one of the browsers is giving you trouble. Or you can do your work in the Prezi desktop app, which we looked at how to download previously. But again, once you sign in, you'll see your dashboard. The dashboard is where you'll find all the Prezies you've previously created or worked with. Now the very first time you start with Prezi Next, you may be prompted to walk through the getting started presentation here. And that will tell you about some of the Prezi Next features. So be sure to take a look through that once you sign in the first time. But now I want to create a new Prezi. Notice here we have the options to create from template, which let's you create a Prezi from one of the dozens of Prezi templates. Or you can convert an existing PowerPoint Presentation you may have into a Prezi. Now there are special considerations if you want to import a PowerPoint. We'll look at that at the end of this chapter, but for the most part, we're going to be focusing on creating a Prezi from templates here. So I'll click create from template to get started. You can see that opens a new tab, and in a couple of seconds, I see the template chooser, where we can choose a layout that best matches the type of Prezi we have in mind. To help you narrow down the choices, you can click the categories here on the left to see templates that have been optimized for these types of presentations. So you can see we have Marketing, Education and Non-Profit, HR and Training, General, and Sales and Business Development here at the top. And these actually just jump you to that section of the templates. They're really all on the same page here. And you can see them all just by scrolling, if that's what you prefer to do. Notice each template also has a rating level under it to tell you how easy or challenging it might be to work with. We have templates for novices, for skilled users, and for master Prezi users. And you can click on any of these templates to see a preview of it. I can close that one to take a look at another one. Under the general category, you'll also find a blank template, in case you want to start completely from scratch without any elements or pre-designed layouts on the canvas. I think for this example, I'm going to go back to marketing, and I saw one in here called Strategy to the Top, that I think I might want to use. And again I can check out a preview of it by clicking it. And we can also use the arrows down here to preview the basic layout. And if this is the one I want to go with, I can click use this template. And now we're looking at the editing view of this new Prezi. This is where you're going to be spending the majority of your time, because this is where you add, arrange, and otherwise manage all the content of your presentation. Now notice that this background panel is open over here to the right, which is where you can immediately customize the background image if you want to. I'm going to come back to that later, so for now I'm going to close that, and that allows the Prezi itself to take up the majority of the window. But that's how to create a new Prezi. Next, we'll take a walk through this editing area to familiarize ourselves with the Prezi Next interface.
- Planning your Prezi
- Creating a new Prezi
- Editing topics and subtopics
- Adding content: text, images, audio, video, and charts
- Using animation
- Working with collaborators
- Integrating with Slack
- Presenting your Prezi
- Sharing your Prezi
- Tracking the performance of your Prezi