Join Anastasia McCune for an in-depth discussion in this video What is Adobe Presenter?, part of Learning Adobe Presenter 10.
- There are actually two different softwares that come into play when talking about Adobe Presenter. Adobe Presenter, which is available for PC only, and Adobe Presenter Video Express, which is available for Mac and PC both. Adobe Presenter is a plug-in for PowerPoint. Basically it adds a new tab, or ribbon, into the PowerPoint interface that you're already use to. And you can see that tab open here. Let's take a look at the different sections of the ribbon, which will give you a pretty good idea of what you can do.
You can add prerecorded audio using this Audio section here or Record your own. Similarly for Video you can Record your own. Or jumping over here to this Insert area you can add in Video that's already been created. Still in this Insert area there's a number of pre-built interactions that you can use. For instance, Drag and Drop questions, or a hangman game, or a word search, and other types of interactive elements. There's also a number of pre-built scenarios that can allow a user to simulate a situation. For instance, what to do and say if you're a customer service rep and receive an angry phone call from a customer.
Now there's also a library of static backgrounds and characters that you can use with these Character and Scene buttons. You can add quizzes using this Quiz area and even have more than one quiz in the same presentation. You use the Themes area and the Tools area to control how your presentation looks and behaves. You can use the Presentation area to publish your presentation for use on the web and LMS or on a mobile device. In this Analytics area you can turn on analytics and track your user's progress and behavior through a separate learning dashboard.
You can also turn on the ability for users to leave comments in a course. We won't be covering Analytics and Collaboration in this course, however. The thing to remember is that Adobe Presenter the PowerPoint plug-in is available for PC only. The second software mentioned a moment ago is Adobe Presenter Video Express. If you're a PC user, this comes with Adobe Presenter the PowerPoint plug-in, but it's still a separate application. For Mac, Video Express is available as a standalone software.
So Video Express is a video creation tool. It takes a lot of people by surprise because the quality of video you can create is really high, yet it's really easy to use. Using Video Express you can simultaneously record what's going on on your computer screen and yourself, via a webcam. Then you can mix those two video feeds together, add professional looking intros, outros, titles, captions, and so on and come away with a really sharp, HD-quality video in just a few minutes.
In this course we'll explore both Adobe Presenter the PowerPoint plug-in and Adobe Presenter Video Express.
- Recording video with Video Express
- Adding closed captions and titles with Video Express
- Recording voiceover audio with Presenter
- Adding interactions to presentations
- Creating quizzes
- Customizing your presentation's appearance
- Publishing a Presenter project