WordPerfect Office X4 Essential Training
In WordPerfect Office X4 Essential Training, instructor David Rivers demonstrates the new and important features in each of the suite's applications. WordPerfect itself is explored in depth, with a focus on the flexibility and compatibility improvements in this version. David pays particular attention to working with long documents, understanding legal features, and sharing files with users of other office software. He explores the suite's other applications in equal depth: Quattro Pro, for creating spreadsheets; Presentations, for making slideshows; Visual Intelligence, for analyzing and presenting data; Lightning, for taking web-connected notes; MAIL; online services; and more. Exercise files accompany the course.
- Formatting, proofing, sharing, and printing WordPerfect documents
- Using tables, charts, templates, and macros
- Creating and sharing Quattro Pro and Presentations documents
- Analyzing and converting data into graphical form with Visual Intelligence
- Taking web-connected notes with Lightning
- Managing email, contacts, and calendars in MAIL
- [Voiceover] Hi and welcome to Corel WordPerfect Office X4 Essential Training, I'm David Rivers. I've been teaching people about the power and the flexibility of WordPerfect for a very long time, since the DOS days of version 4.2, and once again I have to tell you, this latest rendition, X4, is the biggest, best, most flexible and compatible version yet. In this title we'll get you up and running with WordPerfect Office X4 as we explore many of the new and important features in each of the applications in the suite.
We'll begin with the flagship product, WordPerfect, that powerful, compatible, yet easy-to-use word processor for creating dynamic documents that are easy to share with other computer users. Then we hop over to Quattro Pro, a spreadsheet application that's highly compatible with that other application you may be aware of, Microsoft Excel. With Quattro Pro you can organize, analyze, report, manage, and share important data and financial information, even open and save to the newest file formats from Microsoft Excel.
After Quattro Pro, we'll take a peek at Presentations used for creating attention-getting slideshows and, like Quattro Pro, it's extremely compatible with the Microsoft equivalent, PowerPoint. Next it's a brand new feature in WordPerfect Office X4 called Visual Intelligence. Corel Visual Intelligence is an easy-to-use business intelligence tool that can help you get meaning, insight, and results out of complex data by converting your raw data into easy-to-read charts and graphs that you yourself can then break down and examine by category.
Then we move on to WordPerfect Lightning, and you can think of Lightning as a web-connected note-taking application or digital notebook, ideal for bridging the gap between today's desktop and web-based productivity tools. Then finally we move on to WordPerfect Mail, a built-in email application with outstanding spam protection and some incredibly powerful search functionality that'll help you find information buried by years of inbox, contact, and even calendar clutter.
Now premium subscribers and those of you who have purchased this title on CD-ROM will have access to the exercise files so you can follow along with me, but even without the exercise files you can still just sit back and learn a lot by watching. All right, it's time to get started, and we'll begin with WordPerfect.
WordPerfect Office X3 Essential Training21,037 Views
Getting Started with Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo XI16,574 Views
Learning Jasc Paint Shop Power Suite Photo Edition55,958 Views
Migrating from Word 2003 to Word 200730,998 Views
Photo Editing Fundamentals: How to Choose Your Best Shots15,680 Views
MySQL Essential Training597,541 Views
Excel 2013 Essential Training5,659,883 Views
Windows 10 Essential Training725,484 Views
Excel 2010 Essential Training5,756,965 Views