Join Ashley Kennedy for an in-depth discussion in this video A look at color correction, part of Introduction to Video Editing.
- Color correction is another very important part…of the post-production process,…and for a lot of people new to video editing…it may not be clear what exactly goes on…during the color correction process.…What color is there to correct exactly?…Well, believe it or not there's actually quite a lot.…During color correction you should…follow a specific workflow,…starting by correcting individual…shots for proper contrast,…making sure your blacks are black…and your whites are white,…and everything in between is the right tone as well.…You also need to get your color balance right,…removing any unwanted color cast…that may exist in the footage,…and finally you need to really look…at all the colors in your footage,…and adjust the hue and saturation as needed.…
When your individual shots are looking good…you then go through and establish shot-to-shot consistency,…making sure that each of the shots…within a scene look like they belong together.…This can be difficult when you're trying to match…shots that were captured at different times of the day,…
- Exploring an editor's role in storytelling
- Understanding film grammar
- Learning when to follow and when to break editing "rules"
- Exploring shot and lens movement, as well as timing and pacing
- Getting to know video editing software
- Editing narrative scenes
- Editing documentaries
- Looking at the role of sound design, effects, and color correction
- Next steps for training and development
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Premiere Pro CC Essential Training (2014)with Ashley Kennedy8h Appropriate for all
Premiere Pro: Documentary Editingwith Jason Osder3h 48m Intermediate
Final Cut Pro X v10.1.x: Documentary Editingwith Diana Weynand2h 56m Intermediate
1. Exploring Story
What is story?2m 47s
2. The Grammar of Editing
3. Exploring Nonlinear Editing Applications
4. Editing a Short Narrative Scene
5. Editing a Short Documentary
6. Understanding Additional Post-Production Processes
Next steps2m 30s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.