Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video The layered transition stack, part of Premiere Pro Guru: Better Transitions.
- Earlier, I showed you the idea…of using certain transition-based effects…to create a custom transition…when clips were stacked on top of each other.…Well, by doing this you can actually use this…to force normal filters into becoming transitions.…I call it a layered transition stack.…Let me show you what I mean.…On the right here, you see…I forced the two clips to overlap.…All that happened here is selecting one clip…and then you can move it up by dragging.…
If you want to select just the video portion,…you can option or alt click on the clip.…Then pressing option or alt up arrow,…you'll see it jumps.…This makes it very easy to move it up just one track.…Now drag out the handles…so you create that manual overlap.…This manual overlap will allow you to apply a filter here…to create a transition.…For example, if I go over to the Effects panel here,…and simply explore my Video Effects,…let's grab a Distort.…
What I'm gonna do is create a Spherized Transition.…So I apply that and simply set it…so the Initial Value is 0.…
- Applying transitions between clips
- Positioning transitions in the Timeline
- Customizing default transitions
- Trimming shots
- Combining effects and transitions
- Creating a blur transition
- Creating and applying custom gradients
- Saving transition presets
- Working with third-party transition plugins like Red Giant and CoreMelt
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Premiere Pro: Documentary Editingwith Jason Osder3h 48m Intermediate
Color Correction: Artistic Color Grading on the Timelinewith Simon Walker2h 41m Appropriate for all
Color Correction: Color Grading for Locations and Times of Daywith Simon Walker2h 6m Appropriate for all
1. Applying, and Working with, Transitions
2. Refining Transitions
3. Working with Effects and Transitions
4. Saving Transitions
5. Essential Third-Party Plugins
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.