The kickoff call is the first step in the creative process of a PSA. Here, you and your client iron out the goal of the PSA and start to brainstorm story ideas. How do you prepare for the kickoff call so you can get the most out of it? Author Richard Harrington and producer Rachel Longman provide insights for questions to ask during a kickoff call.
- Let's get started with pre-production,…the process of actually getting organized.…And, you're about to hear…from one of our in-house producers, Rachel,…who frequently has to keep me…and tons of other clients organized here at RHED Pixel.…So, we're gonna share some real world stuff.…Rachel, thanks for joining us.…- Thank you for having me.…- Sure, and one of the things I just wanna talk about…is the kickoff call.…This is when we first reach out to the client,…they said they want to do a project,…we have to figure out…what the heck they actually want to do.…- Yeah, I mean, this normally is the first time…we even hear what is in their mind,…so it's a very, very important call…for us to build our stepping stones.…
- [Richard] I brainstorm and I wanna understand…sort of two-fold,…if there's any top level budget restrictions,…you hate to talk about negatives,…but it's really easy on a kickoff call…to get the client all excited, and then they come back,…like, "I have $10 dollars," oh! (laughs)…- Yes, very, very important to understand the budget…
- Meeting the project and team
- Writing the script
- Casting actors
- Scouting for locations
- Creating schedules and budgets
- Shooting scenes
- Retiming footage
- Color grading
- Compressing for delivery
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Video Foundations: Cameras and Shootingwith Anthony Q. Artis2h 58m Appropriate for all
Video Journalism: Shooting Techniqueswith Jeff Sengstack2h 4m Appropriate for all
Video Journalism: Storytelling Techniqueswith Jeff Sengstack2h 4m Appropriate for all
Video Production: Location Audio Recordingwith Anthony Q. Artis1h 23m Appropriate for all
1. Meet the Project and Team
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.